Drain Cleaning & Clogged Drain Repair
Alan’s Plumbing Service specializes in drain cleaning for your home plumbing. Regular drain cleaning helps keep your plumbing working well, and you are less likely to call for repair or emergency services in Salisbury, MD. Whether your drains are functioning okay, or you have water draining slow in a shower or sink, our plumbing service will make sure that we get your drains cleaned and ready to function well.
What Leads to Dirty Drains?
- Grease hardens on the sides of a drain and pipes. Eventually, it accumulates and makes it hard for water to flow well.
- Conditioner and lotion can make drains slower.
- Bath products that aren’t water soluble will dirty your drains.
Clogged Drain Repair
A clogged drain is a drain that is slow to work, or water doesn’t drain at all. This is the most common plumbing problem serviced in the Salisbury area. If you have wastewater coming up through your drains or you have an odor of sewage in your home, your clog may be more severe than a simple clog. You could also have a broken pipe causing the drain to stop working correctly. When you have a clogged drain or a drain that is about to be clogged, you may hear noises like gurgling. If you hear these noises, Alan’s Plumbing Service can come to check out the plumbing in your home to make sure that your drains work properly and clean them if needed.
Everyday Things That Require Clogged Drain Repair Services
- Foreign objects stuck in the drain. These objects can be toys, coins, jewelry, paper, pens, or solid food that wasn’t disposed of properly.
- Hair is a big issue in the bathroom drains. It is usually the culprit when it comes to needing unclogging services.
- A kitchen drain can get clogged simply because it is used the most and not maintained properly. Setting rules about what can and can’t go into the kitchen drain will help avoid clogging.
- A drain in a garage or basement may not be of any concern until there is flooding. A proper maintenance check of all your drains is a fantastic way to avoid a flood in your home when drainage is needed the most.
Alan’s Plumbing Service is dedicated to keeping residential and commercial clients happy with quality drain services. Everything from garbage disposal clogging to leaking drains is our priority so that you can have everything back to normal quickly. Our drain maintenance services help prevent major clogs and clear away anything that is built-up in the pipes already. All our services for your drains are usually preventable with a few changes in your home or business.
Great Ways to Prevent Drain Issues
- Use a hair trap in the bathroom shower and sink. This will help end future clogs.
- Only flush toilet paper down the toilet. Anything else may clog the toilet or cause the pipes to back up.
- Put approved foods down a garbage disposal. Avoid hard food items like nuts or solid pieces of chicken. Other items to avoid are coffee grounds, fruit peels, vegetable peels and eggshells.
- Use less toilet paper for each flush.
- Call for help as soon as you see a leak or a slow drain in your home or business.
- Create a compost for raw vegetables and coffee grounds.
- Run cold water with your garbage disposal instead of hot so it won’t overheat. The cold water can also keep it lubricated and clean when it is running before and after the food is ground up and processed through.
If you think you have any drain issues in your home or commercial building in Salisbury, MD, call us to come to inspect your drains and clean them or rid them of the clog you have. Ask us any questions about furthering your regular maintenance plan to stay on top of any potential plumbing problems.